Monday, October 4, 2010

Time to catch up!

I got quite behind with my posts!!!!
I had several things come up and with lots of the hustle and bustle found it hard to try to catch up, but I am going to try!
Brief summary since our South Carolina Vacation:
23 WEEKS PREGGERS
-Reunion with Landon's closest buddy, Alex, at his parents house. Great fellowship and worship with some of those that my hubby and I hold dearest.
-The most wonderful Baby Bear Shower, hosted by dear friend Sara Schloss, here in West Lafayette at Squirrel Park. A wonderful and lovely time with my dearest friends who make my life more enjoyable and more bright. Thanks to close long time friend Sara, it was an amazing time and quite beautiful! Thanks to all who could come and thank you for giving us such great gifts for our little one!

-Following morning, Landon and I left early in the morning with my parents to Moline, IL, my childhood hometown where my husband in all almost eight years being together had NEVER been! Quite crazy. we headed up for my childhood Second Mom's Fiftieth Birthday! It was a surprise. :)
It was such a great great cherished time with my parents and family friends with my hubby. My papa even decided to give a grand tour throughout the city before we left so that hubby could see all it's wonderful home of John Deere goodness. :)
24 WEEKS PREGGERS
-When we returned, hubby started school that following day. He has been quite busy since, and I miss our spoofing around summer days. They will always always be remembered as a lovely last summer just the two of us...sigh. :*)
-That following Saturday hubby and I volunteered at the grand Blues and Jazz Festival located in downtown Lafayette. It was great! We got to experience the festival and get free t-shirts all for free and meet some lovely people!!!! (p.s. hubby got hit on by some workers when I wasn't around, hehe...such a stud)
25 WEEKS PREGGERS
-Amazing and brilliant hubby the following week was busy taking the GRE (which he did WONDERFUL at!!!! So proud!!!!!!!!!!! So much time and studying put in this summer all paid off!) As well as hosting a presentation for WHS (World Help Solutions, hubby's non-profit that he and his colleague Peter started a little over a year ago) in spreading awareness and getting students involved with the organization. It went extremely well, and got lots of great feedback!
Proud proud wifey...
-We of course celebrated the week's accomplishments on Friday by going to Maru Sushi for dinner and Red Mango for dessert, then rented Sherlock Holmes (which after such a busy week, he only made it about 20 min into, haha :) Lovely date night...
26 WEEKS PREGGERS
-That following Monday was Labor Day, and we spent it with long time great friend to Landon and I, Megan Jenkins, with her new bo cooking out and talking all day. And it was a beautiful beautiful day and well spent and enjoyed!!!! :) p.s. Made my first all homemade apple pie! From apples that hubby climbed a tree on campus to get. Not bad, but still have much to learn!
27 WEEKS PREGGERS
-The next week (and continued since then!) was lots and lots of cooking and baking!
Mostly soup, hubby's faaaaavorite! To give an idea, in the past two weeks I have used more than 25 chicken bouillon cubes! So that's not including the creamy soups or chili. Yeah, time to learn how to make my own broth...goal for the fall.
-That Friday, we found out that there was a free showing of Toy Story 3 in a campus theater. It was such a great find and fun experience for us! We both wanted to ball during the end of the movie, but built the strength to hold our exposure (not cooompletely haha) until we got in the car. A movie that really speaks to our generation and where we are in our lives. So so cute and great!
-That next day, I was supposed to be able to go to my sweet wonderful friend Whitney Walker's wedding. But due to a bad case of sciatica that week I had to decline, knowing I could not drive 12 hours in one day. :( But hubby felt bad for me, and decided to make it up to me and spend a day with me and put off his work and homework for the next day. We had a grand day full of farmers market finds and fun, a coupon for a great pizza place for lunch, a graaaand nap and yummy dinner and relaxing evening with each other.
28 WEEKS PREGGERS-HEEEELLLLOOOOOO THIRD TRIMESTER!!!!! Your discomfort started right on time! haha! But looooving how much I am feeling her these days!
-That Tuesday, I went to my first La Leche League meeting. It was extremely educational and I walked away feeling more aware of what problems could arise when she gets here with breast feeding. There was some quite interesting things that happened, but overall was a good experience.
-That Thursday I went over to my dear dear friend Laura's apt for some good "us" hang out time. A pan of brownies, tons of bathroom breaks Six hours later we realized that somehow we had just talked almost the whole day away. Something we are realizing that we find really easy to do together. It was a wonderful time with my lovely friend, and I am so glad she is my friend.
-That Friday I was invited by new kindred spirit friend Jessica Scaletta over for dinner with her little family and then to a clothing swap!!! It was the farthest I have driven in our manual, and I was quite proud of myself. :) We had a yummy dinner, got a great lesson on cloth diapers, and of course great conversation and fellowship with her, her hubby, and her little guy Baby Judah (her other little one Maddie, was at her grandma's) Then we were off to the exchange, and it was AWESOME! Never had been to one, and it is GENIUS!
Bring as much as clothes/accessories as you like that you don't want and take away as much clothes/accessories as you like!! Big score for a growing mama that needed some larger sized sweaters for this fall/winter! Plus, I got two pair of sweat pants that are sooooo comfortable. You must know that I am NOT a pajama/sweatpants kind of girl, not one to leave the house with out being all ready and appropriately dressed. But these sweat pants, oh man, I am being tempted. haha!!
-Then, the next day. It was the big day that all my prayer warriors were building up for, The Horn/Brown Wedding!!!! Thanks to all my warriors, it went great and it was a beautiful beautiful day with wonderful and fun people!!! Enjoying going through and editing the photos already! So again, all those who were praying for me.....THANK YOU! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!
29 WEEKS PREGGERS
Busy busy week!
-Tuesday, Laura and I had decided the previous week that we were going to have a girls day in Chicago! After many obstacles of making arrangements, it eventually worked out for us along with Miss Sara to take the bus with the Art Department there for only $13.50!
We of course, had a swell swell time and made our friendship stronger by getting lost for about 2 hours. Haha! Thank you to our amazing understanding hubbies that let us have this day of fun in the city that we would have normally not been able to do!!!!!! You two are the best!!!!
-Wednesday, one of my older brothers came up to visit us for a few days! We had never had the chance to have him visit us since we have been married, and it was a great few days well spent including yummy food, great naps, a Von's Bookstore splurge, Greyhouse Coffee of course (which he had never had before, and veeery much liked. I tried the new Blueberry Cinnamon Latte (decaf of course) and it was perfect), grand movies, apple picking and applesauce making, and of course splendid conversation. Glad we got the visit in before our little lady gets here! :)!
-Theeeeen, on Friday we headed home to Mitchell on a great evening to drive and arrived at my parents home in time to visit with family and play with Miss Vivien before her bath. We then headed to Landon's parents where we stayed and got our first shower present from them, and they are adooooorable little winter white knitted and crochet coats for 0-3 and 3-6!!! I LOVE them!
-The following day, it was finally here....Our Mitchell Shower!!!!
What a blessed event and gathering it was. So humbling to hubby and I to see how loved we are and how blessed we are to have these people in our life to help us through this big new adventure of parenthood. It was hosted by Landon's mama's friends, who never cease to amaze me with their hospitality and care for Landon and I (they also through us a blessing dinner when we were engaged). Not to mention that they went in and got us our high chair! It was a great time, and we got looooots of fun goodies!! Big shout out for most amazing friend award to my beloved and always most cherished friend Emily Murphy for getting us our car seat!! All by herself! She is crazy, and I love her. And I am so glad that we get to bring her home from the hospital now. haha!

Between the two of these, I probably had spent a full day of hours of browsing and reading reviews. They are my favorite, and I could not be more happy with my choices!:)!!!
Evenflo Symphony 65 with Surelatch All In One Seat, North Bay

Afterwards, we headed back to my house for a bit while my whole family (except my brother-in-law Jon) were all still in town for some rest and catching up before we heading out to Spring Mill for Landon's grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary get together and celebration. The get together was a cherished time had by all, with much appreciation and reflection of the couple and what they mean to all of us and what they have taught us. Even though I have not been around since the beginning, they already have made an imprint on me that will last for generations to come in our own family.
-Sunday, we headed to my parents for breakfast because it was a busy morning at the Young's with everyone leaving at different times so we headed to my house where we got there just in time to still see Miss V in her pj's and with jelly sticky on her face...sigh, just love her. We then headed to church where we proceeded to get more gifts again from people I do not really know, but care for us so much. So amazing. Back to my parents for a greeeat time with my family, mostly adoring Vivie and all her new big girl activities and new interests (she decided after 19 months of hating hats that it was time to give them another try, and looooved them! Kept going to the mirror looking at herself and laughing, sometimes expressing "wooooow" after a good look at herself and the would proceed to walk over and show us all! It was so perfectly adorable, and I will always remember it!) Then back to Landon's for some family time with his parents, and I proceeded to take a mooonster pass out nap that I think might have been the best I have ever had. And woke up to eat yummy soup and pack-up to be on our way. We left later than normal because we decided to stop in Indy and stay the night with my brother and sister-in-law Devon and Carly. They always have an open hand for hosting at anytime, and we mostly take them up on it because we love their company and their lovely home.
30 WEEKS PREGGERS
So then, here we are!!!!
Today, we woke up early and had ourselves a yummy donut, and hubby had of course a good black cup of coffee (sigh, I could of really used it this morning) and off we went! Not forgetting to get the adorable yellow dresser with white porcelain knobs that they have and had offered to us back in the day, but at the time we didn't have room or use for it. But once I started our nursery, I knew it would be juuuust perfect! So now, it is perfectly placed in our baby girl's nursery awaiting all her new wonderfully small and dainty clothes. :)
We got back with hubby needing to be at a meeting in a half hour, so we rushed and got him clean and professionally dressed and ready to go in fifteen minutes. With all the going of the morning I had to get some things done around the apt, but that only lasted about 15 minutes and then I was ready for a nap. So I snuggled into bed, with Regina Spektor's album FAR playing and
with my new pregnancy body pillow (it's amazing!!!!! Haven't been so comfortable in weeks if not months! Thank you Megan Pemberton!) And have spent the rest of the cool fall day pittering around the apt, and reflecting on the eventful weekend and how blessed we are and how excited and in awe that we are officially in our "thirties" of our pregnancy. Read today that she is now aprox 3 lbs and her eyes are becoming more and more developed. I can NOT wait to see this little girl!!!! We both are dying to know what she is going to look like!!!!!
It is such an incredibly exciting time, and we are getting more and more ready to hold her and get to know her better.
Off I go now to finally start really settling and preparing our lady bear's room....

Thanks for keeping up and possibly reading all what has been going on!

3 comments:

  1. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I just love all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to catch us all up! I love hearing about everything. Your "summary" was perfect! Guess what happened to me tonight...I got to watch my son roll over for the first time tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEP! Ashley! That is SOOO...exciting!!!!
    wow. he joys of motherhood. I so so so can't wait to get to see her milestones in person!
    Thanks for reading all of it, it was quite the daunting task! haha!
    and brittany, we love you too....
    papa :D mama :] baby :)

    ReplyDelete